Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
· Plastic bags are made of polyethylene
· Polyethylene is a petroleum product
· Production contributes to air pollution and energy consumption
· Four to five trillion plastic bags are manufactured each year
· Americans use over 380 billion polyethylene bags per year
· Americans throw away approximately 100 billion polyethylene bags per year
· Of those 100 trillion plastic bags, 1% are recycled
· It takes 1000 years for polyethylene bags to break down
· As polyethylene breaks down, toxic substances leach into the soil and enter the food chain
· Approximately 1 billion seabirds and mammals die per year by ingesting plastic bags
· Plastic bags are often mistaken as food by marine mammals. 100,000 marine mammals die yearly by eating plastic bags.
· These animals suffer a painful death, the plastic wraps around their intestines or they choke to death
· Plastic bag choke landfills
· Plastic bags are carried by the wind into forests, ponds, rivers, and lakes
· There are alternatives to plastic bags. All of this death and pollution is unnecessary
Information above are quoted from :
Before we end this post entry,why dont we spare some time to watch the video about the effects of plastic usage to our earth and environment.Remember,we can make a change to our the one and only earth,everyone need to play their role and to be a responsible person.Enjoy the video :
Plastic is first invented by Alexander Parkes a
Here is some the biography of Alexander Parkes :
As a young man, Parkes was apprenticed to a brass founders. He later joined Elkington, Mason & Co. as manager of a casting department. His interest in the newly formed rubber industry in the 1840s and 1850s led to the invention of a new material which he called Parkesine. Parkesine was based on cellulose nitrate and is generally accepted as the first plastic.
Parkes introduced his new material to great public interest at the 1862 Great International Exhibition in
An energetic man and prolific inventor, Parkes took out more than 80 patents during his life, most of which related to metallurgy; he also fathered 20 children.
Monday, November 17, 2008
GROUP NAME : GREEN
Abdul Wafi Hanafi -1071115817 (Group Leader )-firstname.lastname@example.org
Loh Chee Khoonemail@example.com
Mohd Izham Bin Nordin -firstname.lastname@example.org
Ang Kok Yew- email@example.com
TUTORIAL GROUP : MC112
COURSE: MULTIMEDIA AUTHORING (MCP 1013)
LECTURER: Dr Hew Soon Hin
TUTOR : Dr Koo Ah Choo
THEME : Go3R
PROJECT CATEGORY : Campaign
Category : Edutaiment
Chosen material for project : Plastic
Project Name : Plastic in 3R
-Our objective is to let the children learns the 3R process
and at the same time let them enjoy with the entertainment
-To give better understanding in learning 3R process to the
-To educate the children about the importance of 3R in our
life and the importance of taking care our environment
TARGET AUDIENCE :
Primary school students that wants to know more about the 3R concept and those that want to practice it since they small
Sex : Both sex
Location : Malaysia
Education Level : Kids that can easily understand simple english and have
Studying in their primary school
- Start with a button –in a first page.
- When the button is clicked, a new page with colourful background appear.
There is also animated cute monster on the top of menu bars.
We have choosen comic as our media approach in this project.
-COMICS- a children type of comics.
-a comic of the Reduce,Reuse and Recycle concept will be shown to show the importance of 3R
-comics with cute character and songs will be played throughout the reading
INTERFACE DESIGN : The background is colourful with the sense of happiness to the children.
BACKGROUND MUSIC : There will be children kind of cheerful music.
MASCOT : A cute little monster.
To download the document in word file,kindly go to the link below.Thank you